BEWARE OF CONMEN
1. The Grain Marketing Board (GMB) would like to warn the public from falling prey to conmen who are purporting to be employees of the parastatal and could facilitate them in getting foreign currency.
2. In one particular incident, a certain farmer that we cannot name on professional grounds, was approached by a man purporting to be an Accounting Officer in GMB and could facilitate payment for grain in USD in exchange of RTGS.
3. However, after depositing the money into a given account the man started being evasive and finally disappeared.
4. It is also in the public interest to know that GMB does not have agencies for the procurement and payment of grain.
5. In this vein, we also advise members of the public to report suspicious people claiming to be GMB employees to any GMB Depot and any nearest Police Station.